- What is the difference from a technical diploma and a college or university degreed program?
A Technical Diploma provides you with the quickest way to gain the technical skills to get into the workplace fast and efficiently. Over 83% of the jobs in the workforce require this type of training. This form of education provides a foundation for you to continue your education with a college or university if you choose to do so while working in your field of expertise.
- Is the institution accredited?
Yes. The Tennessee Technology Center is accredited by the Council of Occupational Education (COE). COE Website
- What financial aid is available?
There are many types of financial aid available (Lottery, Pell, scholarships, grants and other means.) Contact the Student Services Department for more information. Student Services
- What do I need to do to enroll in a class?
Contact the student services department for more information. The first step is to fill out an Application (Below). Also review Enrollment Requirements
- Is the institution a state or local entity?
The institution is one of 46 institutions in The Tennessee Board of Regents. (The University and Community College System of the State of Tennessee). TBR Website
- What books, tools or supplies will I need?
Contact the Student Services Department and review the Books and Materials and requirements for the class..
- Where can I download a catalog?
Download the catalog below.
- Does your programs articulate with two and four year institutions?
Yes to all community colleges and in most cases a four year institution. The Tennessee Technology Centers continue to work on articulation with other members of TBR. The Student Services Department will gladly answer your questions about articulation.
- Can I visit the institution and observe a program?
Yes. We welcome you to come and look at the classes. Please call the Student Services Department to schedule a date.
- Can I get credit for other classes taken at other institutions?
This will be up to the discretion of the instructor or teacher. When applying, make sure you present Student Services with a formal transcript or have a transcript request with you.
Still have questions? Contact the Institution at 931-685-5013.